Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Another Day...Another Round of Interviews...

Come hell or high water I am DETERMINED to have a job by the end of this week! Even if I am JUST working at Wendy's again! I have some prospects out there, but nothing 100% concrete yet, unfortunantly. I hope that I am in the running (at least) for a few of the jobs that I have interviewed for. I should find out later on this week the status of a lot of jobs (both full and part time!) that I have applied for.

Another interview scheduled for tomorrow, we shall see how that goes. I have applied for EVERYTHING. Literally...over HUNDREDS of jobs already, and a minimum of 10 applications a day on top of what I have already applied to. Bad thing is there are A LOT of scammer/trickygetyouintosomething jobs out there!

I checked out the Cosmetology school I am considering enrolling in next year. I LOVE it there. I wish I could start taking classes there the next open session that they have, but realistically, it will be next year in the fall (MAYBE Spring) before I can enroll.

Even my Mom things that I would be a good stylist. (Which SHOCKED the crap outta me!)I have to admit I was a bit nervous when I told her. She was super excited, and guaranteed me that if she won the lotto she would pay for my tution to go! That is LOVE baby! What truly touched me is that she said she would TOTALLY trust me with her hair! WOW! That is HUGE people! My mom has always been VERY picky about who does her hair.

Speaking of hair...I am thinking that it is time I change mine again! (hehe) Before you yell, I have had it this way for about a year, and when people tell you that you are trying to make it into the industry, they say the best way to network is to agree to be a hair model for "students." I met a REALLY AWESOME lady at my local ATC group who owns her own salon in Farmington Hills (right around the corner from my BFF's house!) I am hoping to book an appt. with one of her girls, because when you are a model you get the services FREE!!! You just have to get your picture taken a LOT (for the students portfolio) and be brave and willing to let a new person work on your hair! (Laughs) You do not REALLY have to be THAT brave. Their teachers are right there with them and they tell them what to do and how to do it.

OK I have to go and clean up the dinner dishes and do some laundry now. Plus I still need to prep for my interview tomorrow, and write my "Thank You for the Interview" letter too!

Peace, Wub, and Hello Kitty for All!

AKD

P.S. Sorry that I do not update my blog as much as I should! I am trying to be better about that! Please feel free to visit my MySpace.com page as well.

No comments: